Thursday 22 November 2012

Jean Power - Jewellery Designer and writer


Inspired: London featured Designer, Jean Power tells us about her business and what we can look forward to seeing in the future.


What is name and background behind your company?
I work under my own name: ‘Jean Power’ and have always done so.

Where are you based?
In London.

How long have you been in business for?
Solely for myself since 2007.



What do you love most about living in London?
The liveliness, the mix of cultures and nationalities, the secret quiet spots, the cocktails, the shops, the river…my love for London is endless!

Who or what inspires you?
I am mainly inspired by the beads I use. Their shape, structure and colour all inspire me to create my work.



What advice would you give designers starting out?
Practice! There is nothing else which makes as big an impact on your work as putting in the time to perfect it. Every minute you spend creating teaches you new things and I truly believe it all pays off.



What is new for your company?
I’m beginning a series of self-published books with one on geometric jewellery being the first which will be out around November time.




1 comment:

  1. The sparkle needs to be created as opposed to a normal and natural sparkle that is usually emitted from a solitaire diamond ring. That is where the professional jeweler comes in and his skills are put to real test. Just like its counterparts such as bezel setting, prong or V-shaped setting, channel setting, tension or invisible setting, pave setting is also equally popular and liked by the masses as the preferred choice of setting for their diamond rings. Opal Rings

    ReplyDelete