Sunday 14 October 2012

Amelia Lane Paper - Stationery



Today we chat to Amelia Lane Paper. Amelia Lane Paper is featured in our new book Inspired:London.




What is name and background behind your company?

Amelia Lane Paper is a combination of my love for all things paper (my personal collection of stationery is bordering on the ridiculous) and a hugely sentimental streak which means I love celebrating all the big occasions in life.



Where are you based?

I’m based from a lovely home studio in central London and from there I work entirely online with clients around the world. I’m very lucky to have a great view out over the rooftops of London from my studio – it’s very Mary Poppins!



How long have you been in business for?

Amelia Lane Paper has been in business for coming up two years although it existed in my head for a lot longer than that!

What do you love most about living in London?

As an Australian expat, I find living in London very inspiring – with so many new restaurants, shops, stunning architecture and parks there is always so much to see and do. One of my absolute favourite times to be in London is December – when Christmas lights take over and everywhere feels cozy and festive.



Who or what inspires you?

I’m inspired by travel, beautiful calligraphy, natural patterns, cityscapes, colour and typography.

What advice would you give designers starting out?

My main piece of advice is to just get started! There’s a long way to go from where you start to where you want to be and it’s very true that a year from now you will wish you started today.

What is new for your company?

Amelia Lane Paper has been growing massively and in addition to lots of new wedding designs, next year I will also be debuting new greeting card ranges and other lovely paper goods. 


No comments:

Post a Comment