Friday 12 October 2012

Anna Wiscombe - Wooden Jewellery and Homeware



Anna Wiscombe is featured ins We Make London's brand new book Inspired:London.
Today we chat to Anna to find out the story behind her business. 




What is name and background behind your company?

I use my own name for my business name and produce a range of contemporary decorative and functional wooden products inspired by the natural environment.



Where are you based?

I’m based in East London where I have my studio.

How long have you been in business for?

I’ve been in business for just over a year but working on my products behind the scenes for quite a bit longer than that!

What do you love most about living in London? 



Being able to go out and see great design everywhere – from shops and markets to museums!  It’s also great being able to meet lots of lovely, likeminded designers at different events!

Who or what inspires you?

I get inspiration from lots of things within art, design, and just everyday life but I love looking at the patterns and shapes that were used in 1950's and 70's design as I love the stylised forms!

What advice would you give designers starting out?

Try lots of different things – both product ideas and places to sell and don’t worry if sometimes certain things don’t work! 



What is new for your company?

At the moment I'm busy producing my new products for the Autumn so expect to see some new work inspired by leaves and branches coming soon!
I've got lots of plans for some larger, limited edition decorative pieces which I'm trying to find the time to work on too!  

1 comment:

  1. Gem and jewellery ar lovely and ornamental objects worn by each men and girls so as to feature glory to their temperament. they're on the market in varied forms like

    rings, necklace, pendants, bracelets and plenty of a lot of, made up of varied materials and metals like diamond, gold, silver, precious and semi precious stones, and

    artificial jewellery. One will choose between type of style, to suit every and each occasion. the value vary depends on the fabric, style and style of the jewellery.

    furthermore a number of the jewellery has sensible marketing worth too.

    If u want to go with Jewellery than visit on http://www.naaptol.com/buy/fashion/gems_-_jewellery.html

    I am used this site & I am happy with this site. And I am happy with this sites & i hope U will be happy with this sites.

    ReplyDelete