Monday 1 October 2012

Lalla Wandavi - Fashion


Growing up in Italy and moving to London when she was a teenager; Maria Laura Wandavi graduated from the prestigious Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design and innovative London College of Fashion in Fashion Design with Knitwear. She has worked with other acclaimed designers including Alex Gore Browne, Rebecca Cella and Alexander McQueen. We caught up with the designer and found out 'what is the story, behind the name and business?' Lalla Wandavi is featured in Inspired:London a guide to the best in design and handmade in London. 




What is name and background behind your company?
The name of the company is Lalla Wandavi - Lalla is the nickname my mum and dad have used with me since I was a child - while Wandavi my surname.
I have always dreamt of having my own knitwear promoted out there and I thought that using my nickname would have made a very personal bond between me and my work.


Where are you based?
EC1- Angel

How long have you been in business for?
Just over three years.

What do you love most about living in London?
The fact that you cannot ever get bored. Ever Ever Ever, I mean it.

Who or what inspires you?
Nature, Insects, birds, Animals, Natural Textures, Old movies and Black and White Photographs.

What advice would you give designers starting out?
Never Ever give up on your dreams.


What is new for your company?
Lots of new exciting projects coming up, I am just finishing my next SS13 Collection which we’ll be shooting shortly, so just keep on checking my website for the latest exciting knitwear to come!



You can pre-order your copy of Inspired:London by Mary McDermott from We Make London
Follow the link to get your copy here http://www.wemakelondon.co.uk/pre-order-the-book.html  

No comments:

Post a Comment